Sunday, August 19, 2012

I've been liebstered.

Guys, I feel so honored.
I've been given the "liebster award" from the lovely Torrie at Free Spirit Reigns
I'm pretty excited. (this being my first blog award/blog tag and all)

When I first got the message I said "what the bidness is liebster?"
Then I came to find that it's an award for up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers.

It's German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasent, value, cute, endearing, and welcome. 
and I literally said "awwwwww." I feel way special. 

The Rules:
-Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
-Answer the questions that the tagger set for you PLUS create 11 questions for the people you've tagged to answer
-Choose 11 people and link them in your post
-Go to their page and tell them. (no tag backs)

11 things about this lady named rachel.

1. I'm adopted. I have white parents, 3 white brothers, and 1 black one. I love them too much.

2. I'm an avid nail bitter. I also paint my nails 2-3 times a week  because the biting cause all kinds of chipping. yeah it's a fun cycle.

3. I'm in love with my guitar, I get giddy when I learn new tricks.

4. I'm indecisive like you wouldn't believe.

5. My hot glue gun is my best friend.

6. Blue is my favorite color.

7. I love the "booth" apps, (old/fat/bald/mix) they are soooo great.

8. I'm moving on saturday.

9. I'm a dog person, but cats are growing on me more everyday.
(cats are the hipsters of the animal world.)

10. I love all things cheesey. (food and metaphorical)

11. My birthday is July 14th, I'm always looking forward to it.

Torrie's 11 Questions
1. Why did you start blogging & when? I started blogging in January. Why? I want to be crafty and cutesy..haha I thought a blog was the best motivation to do that.
2. Who is your role model? Is it too cliche to say Jesus? Cause He is my role model. He's way too wonderful.
3. What season is your favorite? Spring. I love flowers blooming, waking up to birds chirping, semi warm days, and crisp wind. it's so lovely.
4. Are you an introvert or an extrovert? I vote both. Sometimes I'm way crazy and outgoing and crazy. Other times nothing would make me more content than curling up with a movie or a book for days by my lonesome.
5. What motivates you on a daily basis? I thought about this question really hard. I feel like since I'm not a wife or a momma, my motivations aren't too important. Right now it's probably definitely money. Its definitely my first priority. (cause I think I need to finish school eventually...or something)
6. Early bird or night owl? Early bird. At night, once I get tired, there's no stopping me.
7. Favorite movie of all time? 70% of Will Ferrell movies. Anchorman, blades of glory, land of the lost, the other guys, bewitched, talladega nights...oh the list goes on.
8. Where did you vacation last? Orlando Florida. I went to harry potter world. Best day of my life.
9. How open are you about your blog with family & friends? Half open. Half closed. I always link my blog to my Facebook, but it's not something I bring up in daily conversation, ha I always feel weird about doing that.
10. What's your favorite makeup look that you rock? Growing up with 4 brothers and a football fantasy mom has left me not knowing too much about makeup...but I'm learning. One day I felt bold and bought some dark fuchsia lipstick, and I wear that on occasion. It always makes me feel real hot. ;)
11. Do you collect anything? Not on purpose. but I do have an obsession with buying nail polish. and fabric remnants. its a problem.

My 11 Questions
1. What is your favorite song and why?
2. How did you choose your name for your blog?
3. What's your favorite item in your makeup bag?
4. If you could travel anywhere where would you go and why?
5. Cake or ice cream?
6. Who's your best friend and why?
7. What's your favorite childhood memory?
8. Dog or cats?
9. What's your "go-to" funny you tube video?
10. What do you want to be when you grow up? (we're always growing up right? right)
11. Why do you blog?

Bloggers I'm tagging (stop by and say hello)
1. Arielle @ The Diary of a Joshua Tree
2. Courtney @ In the Garden
3. Julia @ Julia T.B.A.
4. Elsa @ A Little Girl With Great Big Plans
5. Alyssa @ Elemental Carbon
6. Lizzy @ Lovely Lizzy
7.  Jamie @ An Erick[sen]sation
8. Kaitlyn @ Backseat Daiseies
9. Suz and Viv @ Suz and Viv
10. Tabitha @ Chapter Something
11. Emma @ Smile Me Pretty

thanks for reading this marathon of a post. it totally means a lot :)

xo, rach

2 comments:

Insert clever &/or gracious response here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...