Monday, June 11, 2012

Solid Ground

I started going to my new singles ward a couple weeks ago.
{at least I thought it was my singles ward.}
 I mingled, made a few friends, got invited to a party.
Nope, wrong ward.

The clerks kindly directed me to my right ward
{at least I thought it was the right ward}
I mingled, made a few friends, got a calling extended to me.
Nope, wrong ward.

I'm proud to say I am now in right ward,
but its tough getting bounced around like a beach ball.
I consider myself a friendly person,
but a girl can only make new friends so many times.

I was starting to feel a bummed out.
I was tired of all this "new."
definitely headed towards frustrated.
and then I remembered a few things.

1. God has a plan for me.
sometimes it's scary, unpleasant, and lonely.
but in the end it will make me happy.

2.Doctrine and Covenants 121:7-9

3. This quote from Elder Uchtdorf's talk
"The why of priesthood service" from April 2012 general Conference


I'm nervous for what lies ahead
but I'm not afraid to stumble,
I've got plenty of solid ground beneath my feet.

xo, rach

No comments:

Post a Comment

Insert clever &/or gracious response here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...